Friday, January 1, 2016

Getting a Do-Over

GETTING A DO-OVER
One of the themes of my messages and my ministry is this: God is a God of second chances. Whether we look at the Year of Jubilee in Leviticus 25, or the many opportunities that Israel was given with the judges and kings, or Jesus’ message of forgiveness and grace, God is always giving us the opportunity to start again as people, to have a new opportunity, to get a do-over when we have messed things up. I don’t know about you, but I need second chances, and third chances, and more.

One of the joys of a new year is that it is often a time to stop, reflect, and take a few moments to consider what changes God may be leading us to make in our lives. Whether we are given a second chance to be healthier, or we accept the gift of a do-over in our spiritual lives, it is never too late to allow God to continue to for you into the new creation he created you to become.

Here are a few questions to ask yourself as you consider how may God be calling you to grow in the coming year:

1.      What destructive habits have been controlling my life, and harming my well-being or my relationships with others?
2.      What dreams and goals have been left unfulfilled in my life that I might want to take some steps toward making happen as the Lord gives you the opportunity?
3.      What relationships have been damaged that need forgiveness and healing?
4.      In what way can I be a better steward of the life and resources I have been given?
5.      How can I better use my time?
6.      What priorities do I need to change?

Take some things to consider these questions in prayer, and see how God leads you.

No comments:

Post a Comment